We aim for the curriculum to:
• Be broad and balanced, enabling all children to learn and achieve.
• Draw upon first hand experiences wherever possible.
• Develop the children’s sense of identity through their knowledge and understanding of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural heritages of our society.
• Give children the opportunity to develop their creative and physical skills as well as the academic side of the curriculum.
• Instil a culture of continuing learning for all.
• Enable children to aspire to the best they can be by ensuring there are high standards of achievement in all subject areas.
The Hawthorns follows the National Curriculum. The curriculum can be viewed via the links below.
Within the Key Stage 1 Literacy curriculum the school follows the Letter and Sounds phonics scheme and primarily the Oxford Reading Tree scheme.
Please find attached our Parent Guide Booklets on Reading and Maths within The Hawthorns.